So… you’ve got a bun in the oven. It couldn’t be a more precious time for all family members: siblings, mommy, daddy, grandma, aunties, friends… overall, everyone is excited and anxious. It’s a good time to put your creative energy into a beautiful space to welcome the bundle of joy. A stylish nursery is just moments away!
First: begin pinning like a mad person, and then we can chat. Once you’ve got that off your chest:).
The reality is, who wants to focus on design when you’re creating life?? Nesting is an important part of welcoming the new baby.
My recommendations follow:
- Start with a light, neutral backdrop (a breathy gray is ideal in today’s standards).
- Add some natural appeal – vary your wood finishes, rattan is cozy (see the light fixture) or anything weaved feels homemade.
- Antique or flea market finds give the space loads of character.
- Most importantly – a comfy spot for mama to feed, nap and sing a lullaby. I created an art center for the older sister.
- Don’t leave siblings out! This is a transitional time for them. Make them feel welcome and appreciated!